The mission of the Napa County Commission for Arts and Culture is to provide vision, leadership and inspiration that recognizes the arts as essential and integral to the balance and vitality of Napa County communities.
1. The Commission serves as the primary advisory body to make recommendations on arts and cultural planning, policy, and programs in Napa County and its local jurisdictions.
2. The Commission is the liaison between the arts community, government, business, philanthropic leaders, community developers, educators and the public at-large.
3. The Commission recognizes businesses, individual leaders and organizations which support arts in the local community.
1. Advocate/promote/advise regarding the creation of arts related policy and infrastructure that support the arts of Napa County communities including: zoning ordinances, public art, art in education.
2. Explore the creation of a Napa County Community Cultural Arts Center.
3. Provide representation to Coalitions planning for the future use of public/private spaces/facilities for the arts.
4. Explore the opportunities for recognizing exceptional businesses, individual leaders and organizations which support arts in the local community.